Tuesday, October 20, 2009

[Life] Roof is done, getting back into action

So after a week or so of being out-of-action due to a back injury, I took a day off of work to get my roof completed before Winter decided to pour it's great white goodness (snow, that is... tsk tsk... Dirty mind...) all over my uncovered roof. Luckily the rain held out until I was on my last four or five pieces of roofing. As soon as I closed the door behind me, the monsoon fell for about two and a half days. It was REALLY heavy. All day long I was saying to myself "Come on, just hold out for a few more hours so I can finish this!" as the gray clouds and cool, moist air closed in on the valley.

So I got everything done that day but the four remaining ridge caps and under a few of the eves... Luckily everything was rainproof for the most part (the parts not covered were protected by the pitches and I rolled the top layer of roofing over the ridge and nailed it down on the other side to give some sort of protection in the meantime). Got the roof done completely on Sunday, so now that project is done (although I still have to clean up the mess that's left!).

Pressure is getting a lot better now that the roof is done. Now all I have to do is finish up my coding project and get it sorted out and complete. The last month has been a drag since the people I'm doing this for have had SEVEN MONTHS to get the business and site paperwork completed! I feel like shit telling them "We can't roll this out until you get your paperwork done" after three months of them pushing to get the site done on time. We're now a month overdue (today, actually). The coding is pretty much done other than the payment receipt (Paypal and .Net are a pain in the ass for some reason... Able to get payment but Instant Payment Notification for activating a specific entry in a database is proving to be a bit more than I expected).

Anyways, enough boring stuff!

Take care,
B

2 comments:

DinamoTalks said...

Yeah, aren't those clients a pain in the ass? Seven months and they can't get their shit together. Oh well, sounds like God's on your side--he held off till your roof was covered. Lucky boy! Hope all is well in your personal life too!

B said...

Yes, it is going well. Julie and I are getting past the miscarriage, though there are still some emotions that have not been dealt with so to speak. We're back into the groove of trying to get pregnant again and our relationship is solid. Very nice.