Thursday, April 28, 2011

[Love] Morgan's Second Blog Post

I took a chance flying across many states just to meet someone, however, I rationalized that meeting any new person involves risks and besides, I could get on the plane home as quickly as I came, but honestly, I didn’t think it would happen that way, and it didn’t. Brandon picked me up from the airport, got out of his car and walked toward me with a grin on his face. I gave him the biggest hug and kiss. We spent the rest of the afternoon in Seattle, going to the aquarium and eating messy seafood, and even though I was confident I knew Brandon well, his mannerisms, confidence and charm made him all the more attractive to me. And I was a worried, however slightly, that our dynamic interaction online, and through texting and talking would somehow not translate in real life, but as we spent time together, and had our same dynamic conversations, that worry quickly vanished. Brandon had taken some vacation time for my visit and we spent our time watching movies, taking walks, making meals, eating at restaurants, and yes, touristy things like visiting the nearby Belgium-themed town littered with gift shops, and touring his hometown. I also got to meet some of his family and we all even went out eating, playing arcade games, and bowled on the last night I was there. The whole time by his side felt like I belonged there and he made it very clear that he felt that way, too. Our time together was challenged by the fact there were some problems at his work that he had to go and fix, but I knew that he had to fix what he needed to fix and patiently waited for him to come back home, and even got some studying done in the meantime. After my visit, I realized that I had to be with him, but there was school and a job to consider. After uprooting my whole life the past couple of years to go back to school, the move just doesn’t seem to be that disastrous. I mean, there are retail or childcare jobs and colleges in Washington that are every bit as good as the colleges here. If I am uprooted here, certainly I can be uprooted there and be somewhere where I want to grow and cultivate a life- my adult life. So I have made the decision that I will be moving me and only my necessities to be with the man I fell in love with. It’s extraordinary, but really, the whole thing is.

2 comments:

DinamoTalks said...

awwwwwwwww!!!!! she's moving to be with you. how cool is that?! there were a few words in her post that really stood out to me. it was how she felt like she 'belonged' when she was with you. i had that same feeling with andy, but not quite with rob. and that made all the difference. congrats, b, you're on your way to something superfantastic! i hope you/she keep writing about your connection. with my parallel life, i'm sure you can appreciate my interest in your story.

B said...

Yeah, we've actually had that plan since before she came to visit. The visit was a pseudo-attempt at hashing it out if it would be feasible. I already knew it would be, and she already knew it would be too. :)

Yes, I can appreciate your interest due to the similarities. That and you've been following me for a couple of years now. :)