Monday, February 1, 2010

[Science & Technology] I love the way that bra wraps nicely around your sweet, soft... power plant?

Definitely got your attention with that one, I can tell. It's been a while since I was around (hectic life right now!), but I saw something I thought had to be shared... It's pretty awesome!

So apparently they have these new silicone implants... that generate electricity. Yes, that's right... Just by them being squished, played with or just bouncing while walking they can provide electricity to devices either within the body (like a pacemaker). I imagine that they'll figure out a way to put a "pad" somewhere on the body to charge other items with the stored energy as well... It's only a matter of time. For those of you who don't know what I mean by a "pad", just take a look at some online stores for a cellphone recharge pad to get an idea of what I'm talking about. This is the beginning of the technological merger between human and machine, I swear... Sure, we had tech parts implanted in our bodies before, but now we can power them... And the fact that we can power them means we can have things that assist us in whatever we may be doing. Optical implant with 40x zoom? It's only a matter of getting the tech to communicate with our optic nerve and we're there... And now it's powered.

Want some more information? Take a look here.

Take care,
B

2 comments:

DinamoTalks said...

Hey B. Haven't seen anything from you in a long time. I hope that means life is going well for you and you're having too much fun to blog. :)

B said...

Yeah, I have been rather quiet. It's been a long year thus far. I'll try and be a little more active now. :)

New things have caused many large changes in my life and as such I didn't have a whole lot of energy to input into it.