Wednesday, December 23, 2009

[Sports] Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao... The fight of the century just may not happen.

So yeah, I've been gone for a month and a half and have to say that it's been a LONG TIME! I've been so busy with life in general (in addition to being sick), but something caught my eye a few minutes ago and I figured that I'd get it out there...

For those of you who are into boxing (or if you're not, who are into seeing two people beat the crap out of each other), the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight is one that you've likley waited for ever since they came into the same professional weight class.

Now it all hangs in the balance over blood... And not blood in the ring, but blood in the lab. So Pacquiao has agreed to take 3 tests. One during the month of announcement of the match, one no later than 30 days before the match and one immediately following the match. Now, if you ask me that seems rather fair... Mayweather's camp wants Pacquiao to be willing to do random testing at any moment leading up to the fight. I don't know about you, but to me it seems like Mayweather is trying to manipulate the fight stipulations to enable him to "randomly" take blood at intervals that make Pacquiao's training difficult. Now, I wouldn't be one to accuse him of doing so, but it just seems to be the visual I'm getting from the scenario.

We'll wait and see what happens.

No comments: