Monday, August 10, 2009

An Unfortunate Turn of Events

Well, we went for our 9 week appointment today and got some bad news. We lost the baby about about 1-2 weeks ago though it hadn't yet miscarried. We are both saddened by the loss of our potential child, but are happy to know that we can even have children at this point. Once the coast is clear, we'll try again. It is not without a heavy heart that I post this, as have a child is one of the few things in life that I've wanted from a very young age. I have no doubt that we'll be ok, but the sadness is still fresh which weighs heavily upon me.

Julie was pretty wrecked about the loss, as was I, but we're looking forward and taking it for what it is. All things happen for a reason, and obviously there was something wrong with the way the embryo was growing that caused this.

As soon as I have more positive information I'll be happy to post it, though I feel it will likely be after we're out of the "danger zone" once we're pregnant again. I'd hate to have to yell out that I'm going to have a child again (even though that's what I want to!) and end up losing another. 1/5 is only 20% chance... So that means next time we'll have an 80% chance of success, just like any other time. We will maintain a positive outlook on this and hope for the best. Thank you for sharing something that has been so special to me.

Take care,
B

1 comment:

DinamoTalks said...

I am sad along with you. Just love each other through this, as I know you will. Many blessings are ahead.